Vacancies and Volunteering
Location: Rutherford School
Vacancy: Clerk to the Governing Body
Would you like to be involved in a very worthwhile charitable school educating and caring for children with profound and multiple learning disabilities and complex medical needs?
The Governors of the school, part of the Garwood Foundation, require a clerk to take minutes at periodic evening meetings, advise the Governors on procedures and be a useful part of the governance of the school. In 2012 Ofsted issued an outstanding inspection report. The Governors and Trustees hope to recruit an enthusiastic volunteer but will pay all reasonable expenses
Location: Bramley Hill Day Centre
Vacancy: Driver / Carer
Bramley Hill provides a friendly environment with work, social and educational activities and therapeutic facilities for people with cerebral palsy, other physical disabilities and learning disabilities.
We are seeking a qualified care assistant with NVQ Level 2 /3 in Health and Social care who has a clean driving license to carry out the following duties for our busy day centre in South Croydon.
The appointed person will:
- Provide safe transportation to and from the Day Centre
- Be part of a team responsible for providing a caring environment for clients attending the centre.
- Provide personal care and support during the course of the day,
- Be involved with the general work and activities taking place at the Centre as appropriate, and
- Will assist and support clients with any outside activities.
Location: Bramley Hill Day Centre
Vacancy: Admin. Assistant
The Day Centre is seeking an Admin. Assistant who will support the work of the Centre and liaise with the service users and their families.
In particular the appointed person will:
- Maintain daily registers of clients and staff and inform the cook how many meals are required and collect dinner money from staff
- Ensure all client records are correct and up to date
- Receive and direct visitors, deliveries and incoming telephone calls and mail
- Attend client reviews and team meetings to take minutes type up and distribute.
- Maintain stock of stationery and cleaning materials and order as necessary
- Assist the manager with maintaining the account and ledger books, paying invoices preparing sales invoices bank reconciliation etc
- Be responsible for banking monies received and drawing out cash as necessary
- Submit weekly income and expenditure sheets to the Company Secretary
- Submit monthly client attendance records to Croydon Council
- Take responsibility for various petty cash float’s ensuring their accuracy at all times top up as necessary
- Provide secretarial and clerical support as required by the Manager
- Keep the card shop stocked and priced and take money for sales
- Be prepared to assist clients as necessary.
- Any duties as requested by the manager
The successful applicant will have the following personal attributes:
- Necessary communication skills and an awareness of the needs of the clients with whom they will be in daily contact
- Ability work as part of a team within the Foundation as a whole ensuring that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times
- Ability to relay information at all times
- Ability to multi task, have a sense of humour and a cheerful disposition
Volunteers always welcome
The Centre’s activities benefit from the greatly appreciated efforts of a number of volunteers.
If you would like to help with one of our friendly activity groups we would love to hear from you. You do not necessarily need to have experience or a particular talent, just enthusiasm and an empathy with people with disabilities. We can assure you that you will find the experience fun and rewarding. In particular we would welcome help with arts & craft, one-to-one cooking, adult education classes or hydrotherapy.
If you are interested please contact the Centre. You will be very welcome to come and meet us and have a look around.